Sunday, July 30, 2006

the vacation thus far

Nova Scotia and Cape Breton Island.

1. church service with a hatemongering minister
2. bamboozled (through no fault of the people who invited us to a "concert") into a second church service on the same day - which contravenes my no more than one service a week rule
3. arm of glasses snapped off immediately upon arrival at second destination - had to convince nice lady at my optometrist to FedEx a replacement arm which cannot be adjusted as they took it right off the pair on display, so the glasses sit very crooked on my face
4. emergency contact lens fell out of right eye while driving on the highway, and I was the one driving!

Other than that the weather has been lovely, excepting the torrential down pours on our visit to Louibourg (weather forecaster obviously on crack), saw some whales, played some golf, did some canoeing and am about to go play tennis for the first time.

1 comment:

indamanda said...

I only made it to the 14th hole on the golf course before getting bored and quitting. The canoeing went ok, but I have discovered I enjoy tennis. I think it's the games where I get to hit stuff (easily)that keep me interested.