Tuesday, November 08, 2005

tuesday

Another nice fall day. Normally I hate the Fall, the colours and leaves are just to distract us from the fact that winter is coming. I even wrote a poem in high school - Autumn as Death Shroud - However, after the steaming hot summer we had, I am more open to Autumn, at least while it's here and I can still get away with layering sweaters and not having to put on my winter coat.

Spent the day at the Archives and I have started a new system to drown out the crazies. OK, I'm sure they're not all crazy but a lot of them really like to speak loudly about finding great uncle Charlie twice removed from Thessalon. Not good for my concentration. I used to wear ear plugs but that is kind of sad and since I often have to wear them for sleep I would have them on 16 hours a day. Enter the CD player, today I got a lot of work done, people didn't annoy me nearly as much as they usually do and I listened to some good music - Johnny Cash, Dean Martin, Frank, Ella ...

Judging by my musical taste you might think me in my 60s or 70s... I just don't buy CDs of current bands, never really have, I listen to lots of new music on the radio, just don't buy it and don't download. The only downside is the hassle of carrying around my diskman and cds. Perhaps it is becoming time to move onto present day technology and get an MP3 player.

Must say that I am getting more and more excited for Walk the Line every day.

1 comment:

indamanda said...

we might get one before Christmas... got some unexpected money that should be spent on something for both of us, so no shoes for me...