Wednesday, March 20, 2013

3 am inventions

So I am making a wish for a computer that could transcribe my thoughts because I write brilliant, witty, profound blog posts at 3 am when I can't sleep.

I could get up out of my warm and cosy bed and actually commit these brilliant, witty, profound thoughts to "paper" but then I would have to leave my warm and cosy bed.  Nope, instead I am requesting that someone invent a computer that can transcribe my thoughts.  NOT all my thoughts, that would be terrifying, but the ones earmarked for literary brilliance.

I have a vague recollection of reading a teen romance novel about two teenagers in Silicon Valley in the 80s and the girl had a computer she could "think" to.  Anybody remember this book?  I am hoping to find it so I can re-read it and steal its ideas.  For some reason the image in my head of the hero is kind of a cross between teenage Patrick Dempsey and Charles Shaughnessy.  The heroine looked like me, obviously.

So, if anyone has a computer like this can they lend it to me tonight, around 3 am?  Thanks in advance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha so true! Sometimes when I am half awake I think I am a genius and then realize it's not true when completely awake. Good luck finding that invention!

Anonymous said...

you blog? yay! adding you to my reader...