Tuesday, July 05, 2005

where is the end?

Today, rainy and humid, I sit working -procrastinating- at home before heading out to pick some things up, I have been wondering, when is a job more than a job? What is the difference between a job and a "career"? I used to really enjoy my job, it challenged me, I learned something new everyday, I was constantly doing different things. Lately I have been doing the same thing day after day after day after day ... It's not as much fun anymore. A lot of it has to do with my working from home and the lack of variety in the projects they can assign me in my "remote" office. I really need human contact. My husband works really long hours and his usual return from the office time is 10pm. I am trying to get out more and to meet people and make new friends, but like my good friend KB said, "We're not 10 anymore, you can't send a note saying Would you like to be my friend? check Yes/No."

So I am slowly getting up the nerve to look for a new job. When you have relatively low self-esteem job hunting is not one of the best activities.

BTW, saw the CanStage production of Much Ado About Nothing in High Park in Toronto on Sunday and highly recommend checking it out! It was great. http://www.canstage.com

No comments: