Friday, August 12, 2005

mmm... Friday

So another week has come and almost gone. I have to say that the happiest I have been this week was the time I spent yesterday surfing for shoes I cannot afford on the internet.

Now when I say I cannot afford these shoes, I mean that they are in the realm of dreams. However, I have a plan to add one pair of ridiculously expensive shoes to my wardrobe. 12 short months from now my student loans will be paid off, and in homage to this momentous occasion, I am taking my loan payment the first month I don't need to use it to repay the government for my emminently unemployable degrees and buying shoes. Just a simple pair of Manolo's or Christian Louboutin's or maybe even Rene Caovilla (although the Caovilla's would have to be on sale). I have dubbed these shoes my End of Student Loan Celebratory Shoes. So to get a start on the exhaustive process of turning my fantasy shoes into reality I have begun looking at what's new to try and detect the trends for next fall. If it was next year right now, these
are the ones I would buy (they would look gorgeous with my bridesmaid dress for my sister's wedding at Thanksgiving).

I have been lucky enough to have been spoiled by my husband and the best outlet mall in the world to have in my custody one pair of Chanel (bought at 31 Rue Cambon, Paris), one pair of DiSandro (bought for my wedding, although I don't recommend 4" heels, no matter that they're the prettiest wedding shoes ever, for such a long day, I ended up in my sandals for most of the reception) and two pair of YSL bought at 70% off at The Mall just outside Florence. Unfortunately it's hard to go back to Payless when you've had your feet in the good stuff ....

No comments: