Sunday, August 21, 2005

Sunday Shopping Rocks

You may remember my previous post where I lamented that I could not afford to spend a very large amount of money on shoes for my sister's wedding. Well look what I found today for a reasonable amount of money. So pretty and yet so elegant. Can't wait to find a pair of brown pants to wear with them! I think they'll look great with Jeans too! I was going to buy a home foot spa but got distracted by the shoes ... So a bathtub pedicure it is tonight instead of a relaxing foot soak with jets and massage. Maybe I can beg my husband into rubbing my feet.

On other, less foot related topics, I just started to read Wideacre by Philippa Gregory. I know this book was published originally in the 80s, but I hadn't realized that I'd read it before until I reached page 175. It's ok but nowhere near as good as The Other Boleyn Girl or Earthy Joys. I'm excited though because I think I have a real winner in the cue. Tipping the Velvet by Sarah Waters.

Also, had the best steak for dinner last night - seared quickly on both sides (no more than 30 seconds) then let it sit and cook on the second side, add a cup of balsamic to the pan to reduce for about 8 minutes then remove the steak and let the balsamic reduce a little more. AMAZING, gives the steak a sweetness and it just melts in you mouth. (the bottom will look black but it isn't burned it's just the balsamic). We served it on a bed of arugula with carmelized onions on top. I love www.foodtv.ca. I am going to use the leftover arugula to make pesto.

No comments: