Wednesday, August 17, 2005

sweet smell of the city

I love the city, I can't imagine living anywhere else and being as happy as I am (obvious exceptions of course being other cities). I love the diversity, the fast pace and the constant change. There are one or two things that I could live without though.

Todays ride on the 511 Street Car down Dundas St. was one of them. Whilst trying to avoid standing next to the man who had already urinated in his pants I ended up standing between Insulting Self-Talker, who took every opportunity to make rude comments about those seated around him but did not offer him a seat and Man Carrying Purse, not a "Man Bag" but a PURSE. I know this because he opened the bag and there was a mirror on the inside of the flap.

On the return ride, I was surprisingly refreshed to end up seated next to a woman, who had bathed recently, didn't talk to herself, and to all outward appearances seemed to be quite pleasant. I wondered if perhaps I had gotten on the wrong car.

No comments: