Monday, August 08, 2005

with a bang and a whimper

Worst ways to wake up:
fire alarm
loud "fire alarm-like" alarm clock
horror at thinking you've slept in but really it's only 4 am
dog or cat sitting on your face until you start to twitch from suffocation

but today was brilliant. I fell out of bed. yup, fell, onto my ass, on the floor beside the bed. I think it went something like this:

I'm asleep, soundly, wearing my earplugs, I hear a humming noise that I assume is the radio telling me to get out of bed. I roll over to the other side and hit the snooze button, immediately falling right back into my very sound sleep. The radio goes off again and not realizing that I've already made the initial move and that this action is actually "snooze #2" I rolled again. Right off the bed. I scraped my ankle and knee. Not an auspicious start to the day.

AND I have somehow gotten the hiccups. If you are one of those people for whom the hiccups are a minor nuisance, go away. My hiccups are full body, loud, painful and usually end with vomit. They upset my stomach that much. Must go drink sugar/salty water from the wrong side of the glass.

No comments: